Friday, December 14, 2012

The End Is Amost Nighty Night.....

Hello Dhaaarlings...

I'm so exhausted I can barely crawl my way upstairs...


I'd like to be able to tell you that i spent the day in 38 degree celcius heat lounging on the beach watching the surf life saver boat crews doing each other  going through their paces... and dealing with their adoreable annoyingly hungry arses chewing up their speedo's...


But alas... I spent eight hours on the road accompanying the Empress to see one of the grandchildren/nieces graduate from primary school... It only seems like yesterday that she was starting off in preps...And now next year she will be off to high school... how time flies!
I don't know about you but... Does time seem to go quicker as we age? It feels like it does for me.
This year in particular has seemed to have just gone! And I'm still not sure quite where????

Turned out to be a lovely night spent with family

It was a small country school and the 2012 graduation class cosisted of only 4 students!
3 girls and one boy. The school has a very active gardening program of whicvh the kids all participate and this year they took out First Place in the State-wide competition in the catagory for a school with under 100 students! Yes!...  That's right Under 100 students total!
The drive home was through the occasional thundersorm and torrential downpour it was a very long time to be stuck behind the wheel but at the same time quite enjoyable driving along highways with harvested crops of wheat, canola barley, and hay, on either side of the road.

Oh and the occasional slow crawl behind a combine harvester being followed by huge portable silos that take up the whole width of the road in both directions.... making it quite impossible to pass until they find a place wide enough to pull over as to wave you past...

Thank goodness I managed to get some stronger pain relief earlier in the week. I can manage to drive without it causing too much pain now... Prior to this about an hour was all I could manage without having to stop to stretch out and rest my arms due to the pain... it made longer trips all that much longer having to stop all the time.  Today in comparison seemed like a breeze. For once... I'm not in pain... but just very very tired.

It's still a balmy 26 degrees C
So...
I'll be assuming this position.... on top of the bed.... for much of the night... with the fan on to circulate the air...


You know that you're more than welcome to join me Darling..

And as I always say...

Bottoms Up!

Especially if you want to catch a breeze....

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get some R&R time during Christmas and New Year. I would send some of my German schmerztabletten, but it's just ibuprofen which you can probably get OTC in Oz.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mate, Ibuprofen is an OTC drug here and i've tried it without much effect on the pain. I'm on a slow release thing twice a day that seems to be doing the job nicely for now. hopefully i won't need anything stronger!

    ReplyDelete