Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Little Indulgence... Or... The Day I Went Mistress Spotting...

Hello Dhaaarlings...

Feck it's hot... Someone pour me a cocktail before I melt... Lots of Ice darling... No... no... don't put it in the glass darling you'll spoil the alcohol.... just throw the ice down my clevage...

42 C in the shade today and another 4-5 days to look forward to of the same.... above 40 degree temperatures...

Anyway... what does one do to stay cool in this heat?
Why go to a gallery of course...

And what did I go to see... you may well ask?

"Modern Love"
Fashion Visionaries from the FIDM LA

It was so Cool... The airconditioned gallery was devine... No really... It was darlings... 
I propped the Empress and her friend visiting from England on a lounge in front of the footage of (Stick Insects) er...fashion models strutting their stuff on the catwalks of the world... wearing many of the items surrounding us on show behind the glass cases...
 Fashion from the likes of Westwood, McQueen. D&G, Chanel, La Criox, Miyaki et el. 
I left the girls sitting recovering from the sweltering heat while I popped off to snap some gowns...
Here are some of the Pics... The lighting is a tad on the dark side to say the least and of course like at most of these events... flashers...er ... I mean Flash Photography isn't permitted... But i did try my best to give you a glimpse of how I managed to chill out for part the day....

And don't ask me which garment belongs to which trendsetter designer...I didn't take notes!



























Imagine my surprise to see one of Mistress MJ's favourite outfits...

The striped tights were a give away darling....

And even one for Mistress Maddie ...







I know!... Pea...Cocks...
Just Swoonable...

Eventually the Empress had cooled enough to wander about with her friend... who I might add... is a bit of a fashion guru and named all the designers on just the sight of their gowns... No need to follow the catalogue here...

I asked the Empress what she'd thought of the footage they had sat and watched while esacaping the heat...

"It was was lovely" she said "but I didn't like the tits..."

"What do you mean? I said.... "Too much on show?"

"No" She said... "The poor things didn't have any! And they all look like they could do with a good feed"... 


Now!

More Ice Darlings and a large refill... It's going to be a long hot night! And I seem to have a heap more photo's to collate for further posts on this topic...
that's if you want me to show you more darlings...?

8 comments:

  1. Are you getting inspiration for new Princess Originals®?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am... Mr Lax, I always enjoy looking at the construction techniques and the combinations of colours textures and fabrics and trims used. I try not to miss a show when it comes to the gallery. They are usually quite spectacular and attract people from all over the country to come and see them. Bendigo Art Gallery is getting a bit of name for itself in hosting great fashion exhibitions...
    Sadly the styles here wont quite work for "The Music Man" which I've started drafting some Costume/Hat designs for already... The show is on in July!...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cocktails and fashion is a sure way to be the heat.
    Or maybe it's just cocktails?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am cold and thinking about cocoa. But it's always nice to see some hot frocks.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was out the whole afternoon in cold fog with some rain on top, I'll jump in my hot bath tub now. I like especially the jacket (second from top) and the gown that follows (overknee, the doll holds a bouquet) - but they are all spectacular. And MJ moonlighting as model - who'd have thought ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh prinny, that is my kind of afternoon. I could use some warmth right now. Yes, I adore the dress, perfect for a casual weekends when Jon pops round! I was at the Grace Kelly exhibit here recently and had though of you. It was breathing....now lets enjoy one of those flashers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wasn't there anything in ocelot?

    ReplyDelete