Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Petticoat Junction....

Hello Dhaaarlings...

Princesses Palais has turned into a veritable 

Petticoat Junction!

I kid you not...


I have been buried under a pile of Gathered Tulle all weekend with 5 full circle petticoats now completed





and the "Lead Flower" gowns are almost ready for their final fittings...



They don't look all that great as yet, hung on hangers...
But I'm hoping that by Monday coming they will look just fabulous on the girls that are wearing them.

The initial fitting session was a hoot yesterday and the girls were extremely excited.... none ever having worn a petticoat (how do we put this on?) or frock similar....

The Empress is dab hand with a pin or two, so she and another friend and I pinned up a storm... 

The girls were most impressed with the gowns given that the last fitting was done with toile's made from calico
(Their little faces weren't so excited when I handed them one each of them to try on last time... )

There are only 2 weeks to go before publicity will be on deck to take some photos.

I'm meeting with the Milliner on Friday to make sure that the flower hats are stable and secure enough so as not to fall off during the dancing routines.

So... for now it's back to the Phaff Darlings....


10 comments:

  1. I just turned a friends wedding dress into a Halloween costume.

    Eight layers of tulle!

    I hate the stuff but love the effect it creates.

    You have my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mr Pirate

    I didn't know that my fingers could bleed so much from working with pins and tulle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your fingers, no Princess should ever have to prick her finger. ;)

    I can't wait to see them finished. I love the vibrant colors!

    Huggs
    CoreyJo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks CoreyJo
    Not unless I wan't to sleep for 100 yrs....

    Have you seen the Hats that go with them? Click Here to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CoreyJo said no Princess should ever have to prick her finger but that shouldn't stop you from fingering your prick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mr Von Lax

    the Phaff is working overtime!

    Dear MJ
    *adjusts "wide load" sign*

    " but that shouldn't stop you from fingering your prick!"

    Thank you for reminding me of the one remaining pleasure in life that I cling onto so fervently.... well... while I can still reach anyway.

    Oh Hello Jon
    how lovely to see you...
    I'm hoping that they will be looking even yummier by next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They will be just fantastic.

    Petticoats!

    It's a shame that most girls now don't have the opportunity (or desire) to dress up in something classy.

    Your costumes darling are just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Roses

    It's a shame that most girls now don't have the opportunity (or desire) to dress up in something classy.

    Yes it is sadly such a true statement although it may well change with these kids already asking if I am available to make their Formal gowns for graduations etc... the seeds have been planted...

    ReplyDelete