Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Tale of the Admiral Lobster...



Hello Dhaaarlings...

I thought I'd take a little break from beneath the mountain of pussy fur for a moment... to tell you of another little costume that I have managed to complete...
Did I happen to mention that along with "Cheshire Cat's" and "Caterpillars" that turn into "Butterflies"
I'm working on creating an "Admiral Lobster"?
No?.... Well now I have....

The costume consists of a Dark Blue suit... gleaned from an opportunity shop. 









I have managed to construct a "Lobster tail" from a piece of foam rubber and covered it in red velvet. I then couched gold thread onto the velvet to define the shapes of the tail pieces.
From red pipe cleaners I made some long antennae and attached them to the admirals hat and finished it off with a red hood.

Team this with some patent red leather shoes and red boxing gloves and Presto!

I think it will be the coolest lobster on stage!....


Well the only one on stage really....


And just to let you know the follow up to the "Cheshire Cat" saga... 
The fur flew... claws were almost drawn.... but things didn't get too ugly...


sanity prevailed and Princess got her way in the end Darlings....


Well....Back to the Pussy Fur it is then....



7 comments:

  1. Admirable!!

    I was one Humpty Dumpty in Panto. Imagine the costume... wish you'd be at hand to make it. I had problems visiting the loo.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have taken a break from pussy fur for my whole life.


    But that's just me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, a Princess wouldn't be a Princess if she didn't have the first and the last word and pretty much all the other ones in between!
    ;)
    Hugs
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dear Mr Von Lax
    what a jolly tune. One has to admire your fancy tambourine work! the Sally Army Trimble troop are holding tryouts... I've taken the liberty of popping your name on the list!

    Good luck!

    Dear Miss Scarlet

    Playing Humpty can be very "eggs"-hausting... but I'm convinced that you were "eggs"empilary in the role.
    However... many have found the role to be quite the shattering "eggs"perience...

    Dear Bob

    I hate to break this to you Darling ... But I don't think that you are alone in this matter....

    Dear Jon

    Thank you for your astute observations on Princesses interactive style. I believe that One must always be very clear in ones communications with others...
    After enough discussion... Eventually they "see the light" or "the door" as the case may be...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like a side of melted butter, please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh... It has turned cold MJ!
    Obviously Miss Scarlet's butter stick treatments are not working as well during the cold snap...

    I shall warm some butter to assist shall I?

    ReplyDelete