Friday, January 13, 2017

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired...

Hello Dhaaarlings...



I'm just struggling through each day darlings... The chronic fatigue is a bummer and I'm finding it more frustrating as time goes on with not much improvement.
But given that my level of physical activity and stamina is up and down, I do what I can do on a good day when I can... But on a bad day it's a real effort to even get out of bed.
To add to the problems I keep getting reoccurring chest infections and have a muscle out in my neck that is causing pain and limited movement and spasming in my right shoulder which limits my gardening to short bursts...

I seemed to miss much of the Reading Challenge from last year (and i really love reading) due to the ammount of costuming and wedding work I'd done and had very little time for reading... But I did enjoy reading about what you all have been reading throughout the year.

Given that I now have time on my hands on bad days I'm using my time productively by reading!

So I'm setting myself a challenge for 2017... To read/re read as many books as I can at the moment and to see just how many books I can get through by the end of the year.

So far I'm on my sixth tome since the New year started which may give you some indication of how unwell I've been...

Here is the list so far...



James Follett- "The Doomsday Ultimatum"



James Follett- "Cage of Eagles"



James Patterson- "Black Market"



James Patterson- "Hide and Seek"



Dan Brown- "Angels and Deamons"



Dan Brown- "Inferno"



And I'm about to embark on another Dan Brown- "Digital Fortress"  

I do like a good Thriller/ Conspiracy theory as you may have guessed...

I had intended to do a post to update the Gardens and the Vegie Patch around the Palais but it's a vey overcast day here so tha put paid to that idea...
Not to worry... The sun might decide to shine tomorrow darlings...

Bottoms up Darlings...





22 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your issues your Royal Highness.
    My husband lives with Chronic Neuropathic Pain and Depression. I can appreciate difficult your days can be. I send many blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Damien, But things are improving it's juat frustrating that it seems to be taking so long...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. All i can do is take care of myself Mr. Lax... It feels very stange tho not to be taking care of others... It is taking some adjusting to....

      Delete
  3. I think you need a massage, Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been tapping into my phonecalls Mr Mags? I made an appointment for a massage on Monday next week just today... how Spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep reading and resting and the good days will be back ... and you'll have all sorts of conspiracies to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob... Recovery is just a very slow process and that is something that i'm just not used to...

      Delete
  6. Drink more gin, I swear, it's why I'm never sick. I've even been known to take a swim in the old gin bath. Take care honey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you're doing all the right things.
    Not sure I agree about the Dan Brown! But you might like Boyd Morrison's "The Midas Code"
    As you will know, we've been having a drop or two of rain.And 2 hours ago another downpour.Then some lightning.I feel like one of those damp women in a Somerset Maugham novel...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah... the joys of the tropical Monsoon season. Get your Clove oil at the ready to treat all the nasty mildew.
      Thanks for the suggestion of Boyd Morrison... I'll keep my eyes open at the op shops for a copy...

      Delete
  8. Hope you feel better soon. My grandma had a old time cure for chest infections, it never failed apparently, if I remember rightly, it was about passing a small child under the belly of a cow three times by the light of a full moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to go looking for a cow before the full moon... Thanks Mitzi... Did the ceremony involve dancing Nekkid around the cow as well?

      Delete
  9. Ah, reading. A silver lining to being sick and tired. Nevertheless, I hope you feel much better very soon, and that the sun comes out for you to bask in (and do some gardening, of course!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Massage i had yesterday worked wonders for the crook shoulder. I discovered sore bits that i didnt know i had!
      And as it turned out y our intimation regarding the sun comming out happened with avengence... 45 C today! Far to hot to do any form of basking except perhaps for frying an egg on the car bonnet! I spent much of the morning covering the vegie patch with shade cloth to try and stop the fruit from getting sunburnt!

      Delete
  10. Get well soon, Princess!

    It is tiresome to feel so tired, but I'm glad you're passing the time wisely by reading. And I'm happy to hear that you're taking care of yourself. Sometimes, all you need is a little time to heal. Try to sit in the sun if possible, for fifteen minutes to half an hour to get some vitamin D. Eat lots of fruits and veggies for the Vitamin C. And have yourself a good cup of relaxing tea. Whatever you do, let it be something that you enjoy and makes you feel better. And do update us on your reading recommendations! Cheers and Best wishes to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr Swings, I'm off to the op shop tomorrow to update the reading list and I'm learning to say NO! without feeling guilty which is a whole new experience for me... Spending small amounts of time in the garden watering or weeding encourages the vitamin D levels but any loger than 10 minutes at present and i can feel myself starting to burn in the direct sun....

      Delete
  11. I spent two weeks in bed during the fall and found that reading was a pleasure that could be enjoyed while feeling poorly.

    However, I seemed to read more magazines than books at that time but it was enjoyable, nonetheless. There HAS to be an upside to illness and reading was it, as Mr. DeVice said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing what a little enforced bedrest can do for ones soul... I've always been an avid and eclectic reader... If it has words "I'm in" it's just that for the past few years i've been so busy with costuming and private garment making along with the volunteering and caring for The Empress i simply haven't found the time to read. Now I find that my eyesight isn't as good as it was and started wearing glasses for reading... Sadly i broke the only pair I have just on Saturday gone so it looks like I'll be needing a visit to the optometrist to rectify the situation very soon. In the meantime i'm managing with a pair of those cheap magnifying specs but they are not a longterm option..

      Delete
  12. I hope you are recovering your energy, Ms Prinny. I too am trying to read more - I have read one book so far! As I recall I read one book in January 2016... so I better get my reading specs on and get stuck in if I am to beat my record.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete