Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Empress has Landed....

Hello Dhaaarlings....


My timing was exemplary on arriving at the airport this evening to meet the Empress
Whilst standing waiting expectantly on the course-way for the Empress to appear from among the hoards of harassed and jet lagged fellow travellers...     


Princess' eye was drawn to a complete vision of loveliness. I watched as a rather elegant lady took her time strolling gracefully along the gangway... pausing occasionally to window shop... at the various outlets along the way with her take-on luggage gently wheeling along behind her...

I noted how serenely resplendent she looked in her fashionable black and white designer apparel, couture stockings and sensible shoes... 


I've never seen anyone disembark from a plane looking so fresh and elegant after a 4 hour flight!...


Then... a glint of recognition and it suddenly dawned on me....


....approaching the woman I said....



"Excuse me Madam... But Who Are You?" 


and


 "What Have You Done with the Empress????"







"Oh Hi" she said smiling... "You mean this little number?" twirling as if on a cat walk and playing to the paparazzi... "It's new!"...


"Well... it certainly is!" I said... "I almost missed you dressed like that...


Since when have you gotten about in an above the knee black leather look shift... printed black stockings, semi heels and a-symmetric top?"


"Since "The Girls" told me that for an old broad I still have a great set of pins on me!" (She does) laughing.... " Of course I told them that I looked like mutton dressed up as lamb... but they insisted on buying me this one and two more like it that you will just have to wait and see when we get home!....


"And by the way.... the style's growing on me!"



"You look Great!" I said as we exchanged hugs and kisses...



"I know" she replied... "But I'm exhausted 3 weeks over there is about 2 weeks too long...Now let's get the suitcase and go home... I'd kill for a green tea!" 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like she had a fab time!

    "Good set of pins."

    I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One must always travel fresh and elegant, after all, you never know when the paparzzi is near!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to hear that. Yay Empress!

    When I first starting flying (1969), people still sort of dressed up a bit. Not like the bus-ride zoo these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so that's where you got your style from!

    Glad she's back safe and sound and had a great time.

    ReplyDelete