Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Costumed Adventure....



Hello Dhaaarlings...



As you may or may not know... Princess has been asked to participate in another costuming adventure....


 "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" 

Initially I had been asked to contribute to the design and making of the costume for ....



No... not Mr Depp


but...

The Mad Hatter...

Following the first planning meeting on Friday just gone, my services have now been extended to not only the Hatter Costume but... 
Assisting with the design and making of the following characters costumes....

The Red Queen and King
The Caterpillar/Butterfly
and the five main flower costumes for the garden scene....






I thought that I would show you some of my preliminary sketches outlining my ideas regarding  the  Five Flowers...


Meet....


"Lilly"




"Violet"


"Daisy"


"Petunia"
and


"Rose"


I'm still working on the other characters but I'm sure you will become better acquainted with all of them over time... I'm certain that I shall get to know them all quite intimately over the coming months..

The next meeting is planned for Friday week... So I hope to have all the ideas in my head down on paper by then and maybe a few mock up hats made ready to present...


Till then Dhaaarlings....


"Off with their Heads"......

11 comments:

  1. They are lovely and what fun!

    Can't wait to see what you do with the caterpillar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're off to a great start. Can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful designs!
    I am not very masterful in the material arts, but I do play the harp; and these my dear, are a symphony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose, daisy and violet what about Hyacinth?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed with them all, but I'm wild about Petunia's hat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Wally

    Thank you. the design team had an impromptu meeting today and were all gushing over my designs. I have the go ahead to measure up the actors and start making the costumes. Starting tomorrow.

    the caterpillar will be a challenge but I already have some ideas on how to tackle it.

    Dear LX

    I'm quite keen to get started and found out today they need a toad, a fish, several dragonflies, assorted butterflies and one kid that wants to be a Venus Fly Trap! Along with a dozen or so extras as flowers/ weeds and blades of grass!


    Dear Nita

    I shall keep your skills in mind should we be mounting a production of Jack and the beanstalk!

    Mitzi

    Can you imagine the performance when I gently informed "Our Hyacinth" that there wasn't a part for her.
    I'll be dropped from the guest list to her next twilight supper I guess.

    Dear Peenee

    The designs all went over a treat! The producer loved "Petunia"...
    I'm currently thinking inverted kids umbrella, attached to a pill box hat. Should be fun to bring to life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.

    Check you out! The designs are brilliant. I can't wait to see how your bring them out of the paper and into real life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Roses

    I'm looking forward to the challenge.
    And I'm also finding it really nice to be meeting other "Creatives'" and like minded souls. I'm suddenly finding there is a world beyond the Palais Gates and my artistic and creative work is appreciated and valued... Some times I really do undersell my self and my abilities.

    but hey... I'm a slow learner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too, am wowed by Petunia's hat.

    Just yesterday, I was sipping a cocktail on a patio and admiring purple petunias.

    Coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeap! Petunia's hat is a show stealer!
    Hugs
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, what a lot of work! I hope it will be a satisfying experience, dear Princess.

    (wv: bangsort - eh?)

    ReplyDelete