Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fare Ye Well.....



Farewell Mr Hunter


One of Australia's most recognized and well loved actors has made his final exit from showbiz.


You will be missed Bill.






I once met Bill while working at my brothers store some years ago.


Always  fan of his work.. imagine my surprise to look up form the counter to find him standing there waiting to be served.


"Hello... how can I help you?" I blurted...


"Just a packet of smokes(Brand name) thanks mate"...


"You were great in 'Pricilla'" I ejaculated....


"Thanks" he replied "How much for the smokes?"


"Oh sorry... $10.50 please"


He handed over the cash, picked up the packet from the counter, smiled and said "Thanks mate" as he left the store...




My one and only brush with greatness...


RIP Mr Hunter...


4 comments:

  1. And amazingly selfcentred in Muriel's Wedding - A very fine actor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What a coincidence! It's Dierdre Chambers... Dierdre! Come join us. Joanie move and give Dierdre your chair"...

    I think he played it really well to leave you disliking him so much by the end of that movie. The scene where he stands observing the still smoldering back yard is so... poignant.

    Thank you for calling by Mr DeVice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear this, Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is sad, I fully expected to see more of him as the years went on....
    RIP

    ReplyDelete